Subject Guides to Children’s Sites
- Dewey Browse – Dewey Browse is a web site developed by Gail Shea Grainger, a librarian at Chesterfield School, NH. Dewey Browse, geared to kids in grades K-12, offers an extensive collection of web sites classified by the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- Great Web Sites for Kids – Subject guide organized by the American Library Association listing “Amazing, Spectacular, Mysterious, Wonderful Web Sites for Kids and the Adults Who Care About Them.”
- Internet Public Library Youth Division – Subject Guide with links children’s web sites related to reference, reading, games, geography, math, art, music, computers, health, sports and much more.
- Ask Dr. Math – Provides math information or if you’re stuck you can ask a math question.
- Ask Kids – An Internet search tool that allows you to find Internet sites by asking Jeeves a question. A very kid friendly way to search the Internet!
- KidsClick – Web search for kids by librarians.
- Mad Scientist Network – Submit questions about science for a scientist to answer, links to other science sources on the web.
- Children’s Literature Web Guide – Organized by Canadian librarian David Brown, this site provides a discussion board, links to children’s book award winners, authors and stories on the web, and other resources for children’s literature.
Just for Fun
- Old Farmer’s Almanac for KIDS – An interactive website for kids about weather patterns, animals, history, and other factors that affect our daily lives.
- PBS Kids – Educational games. Includes resources for parents & teachers.
- Disney Junior – An interactive website for kids that includes fun and educational games for kids.
- Seaworld – Learn about animals and sea creatures.
Museums with Virtual Experiments:
Kids Safety on the Internet
- COPA Commission – Information and resources from the congressionally appointed Commission on Online Child Protection
- Get Net Wise – Assists families who want safe, constructive, and educational or entertaining online experiences.
- Safe Kids – Learn more about computers, Internet safety and gain surf to safe sites.
- Screen It – Entertainment reviews for parents